Friday, June 25, 2010

Cleveland respect

A gun pointed at my face  
in the darkest black hole  
hid the enraged fear 
12:29 PM It feared  
that I would not leave  
the home  
I had lived in  
for 19 years  
It feared  
It could not hold its temper 
12:30 PM and would throw its tantrum  
piercing open my chest
  
It was held by a young  
and even handsome  
policeman,  
who did this 
12:31 PM as his job  
at this jobless moment  
justified to do anything
Including
harnessing the fear of the gun
with its trembling trigger
  
This all happened last morning
a matter of moments in my life  
When 
12:32 PM I was evicted  
From the house  
Where I had lived  
for 19 years
but could no longer claim "mine."  

The young 
and even handsome  
policeman
comforted the gun 
by letting it rest in its sheath  
12:33 PM and recover from its fear
then
nailed on the door behind me
a poster sign   
"FORECLOSED"


Cited from a Foto Journalism piece titled Struggling Cleveland
See the Foto Journalism piece here: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1738458,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment